Right of modification
Sites may include forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post entries on a wide range of topics. Neither the User Content (as defined below) on these Sites, nor any links to other websites, are screened, moderated, approved, reviewed or endorsed by GlobalPETS Academy or its participating institutions. By posting to or viewing such forums, you agree that GlobalPETS Academy and any of its participating partners are not responsible or liable for the content of any postings therein. GlobalPETS Academy reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove any content from such forums in its discretion.
Rules for online conduct
You agree to use the Sites in accordance with all applicable laws. Further, you agree that you will not use the Site for organized partisan political activities. You further agree that you will not e-mail or post any of the following content (“Prohibited Content”) anywhere on the Site, or on any other GlobalPETS Academy computing resources:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities
- Content that infringes or misappropriates another's intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets
- Content that you do not have the right to disclose under contractual confidentiality obligations or fiduciary duties
- Material that contains obscene (i.e., pornographic) language or images
- Advertising, promotional materials, or any form of commercial solicitation
- Content that otherwise harms other users or visitors to the Sites
- Content that is otherwise unlawful or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Content that probes, scans, or tests the vulnerability of any system or network
- Content that breaches or otherwise circumvents any security measures
- Content that interferes with or disrupts any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any other user or part of the Sites
- Content that plants malware or otherwise uses the Sites to distribute malware
Although GlobalPETS Academy does not routinely screen or monitor content posted by users to the Site, GlobalPETS Academy reserves the right to remove Prohibited Content of which it becomes aware, but is under no obligation to do so.
Copyrighted material, including without limitation software, graphics, text, photographs, sound, video and musical recordings, may not be placed on the Site without the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the material, or other legal entitlement to use the material.
In addition, as a condition of accessing the Sites, you agree not to
- use GlobalPETS Academy’s or any Participating Institution's name, trademarks, server or other materials in connection with, or to transmit, any unsolicited communications or emails;
- use any high-volume, automated or electronic means to access the Sites (including without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts or web-scraping tools);
- frame the Sites, place pop-up windows over its pages or otherwise affect the display of its page; or
- interfere with or disrupt the Sites or servers or networks connected to the Sites, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Sites.
Finally, you agree that you will not access or attempt to access any other user's account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Sites.
In order to fully participate in all Site activities, you must register for a personal account on the Site (a “User Account”) by providing an email address and a password for your User Account. You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information to your User Account with any third party for any reason. You also agree to that you will create, use, and access only one User Account, and that you will not access the Site using multiple User Accounts.
In setting up your User Account, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, including but not limited to your name and location. Additional information may be required to confirm your identity. You represent that all information provided by you is accurate, current and complete and you agree that you will maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Sites.
Online course and certifications
The Sites will, from time to time, offer online courses in a specific area of study or on a particular topic (an “Online Course”). GlobalPETS Academy and the instructors of the Online Courses reserve the right to cancel, interrupt or reschedule any Online Course or modify its content as well as the point value or weight of any assignment, exam or other evaluation of progress. Online Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimer of Warranties / Limitation of Liabilities section below.
For some courses, subject to your satisfactory performance in the Online Course as determined in the sole discretion of the instructors and the Participating Partners, you may be awarded a statement acknowledging your completion of the class ("Statement of Accomplishment"). This Statement of Accomplishment, if provided to you, would be from GlobalPETS Academy and/or from the instructors. You acknowledge that the Statement of Accomplishment, if provided to you, may not be affiliated with GlobalPETS Academy or any college or university. Further, GlobalPETS Academy offers the right to offer or not offer any such Statement of Accomplishment for a class. You acknowledge that the Statement of Accomplishment, and GlobalPETS Academy’s Online Courses, will not stand in the place of a course taken at an accredited institution, and do not convey academic credit. You acknowledge that neither the instructors of any Online Course nor the associated Participating Institutions will be involved in any attempts to get the course recognized by any educational or accredited institution, unless explicitly stated otherwise by GlobalPETS Academy. The format of the Statement of Accomplishment will be determined at the discretion of GlobalPETS Academy and the instructors, and may vary by class in terms of formatting, e.g., whether or not it reports your detailed scores or grades in the class, and in other ways.
Disclaimer of student-university relationship
- establishes any relationship between you and any university or other educational institution with which GlobalPETS Academy may be affiliated,
- enrolls or registers you in any university or other educational institution, or in any course offered by any university or other educational institution, or
- entitles you to access or use the resources of any university or other educational institution beyond the Online Courses provided by the Sites.
Permission to use materials
All content or other materials available on the Sites, including but not limited to code, images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, audio and video clips, HTML files and other content are the property of GlobalPETS Academy and/or its affiliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, patent and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights under the European and foreign laws. In consideration for your agreement to the terms and conditions contained here, GlobalPETS Academy grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Sites. You may download material from the Sites only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material, nor may you modify or create derivatives works of the material. The burden of determining that your use of any information, software or any other content on the Site is permissible rests with you.
User material submission
- you have all necessary rights, licenses and/or clearances to provide and use User Content and permit GlobalPETS Academy and the Participating Institutions to use such User Content as provided above;
- such User Content is accurate and reasonably complete;
- as between you and GlobalPETS Academy, you shall be responsible for the payment of any third party fees related to the provision and use of such User Content and
- such User Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third party rights (including without limitation privacy, publicity, intellectual property and any other proprietary rights, such as copyright, trademark and patent rights) or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation or unfair business practice.
The Sites may also provide you with ability to upload or send information to GlobalPETS Academy regarding the Sites or related services (“Feedback”). By submitting the Feedback, you hereby grant GlobalPETS Academy and the Participating Institutions an irrevocable license to use, disclose, reproduce, distribute, sublicense, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform and publicly display any such submission.
Links to other sites
The Sites may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. Neither GlobalPETS Academy nor the Participating Partners are responsible for nor do they routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these sites.
Online education research
Records of your participation in Online Courses may be used for researching online education. In the interests of this research, you may be exposed to slight variations in the course materials that will not substantially alter your learning experience. All research findings will be reported at the aggregate level and will not expose your personal identity.
Fees and taxes
In selected Online Courses, you may have the option to enroll for additional services (e.g., the Signature Track or ACE-CREDIT courses) in specific courses for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Euros. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated in a timely manner with a payment accepted by the Site. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. GlobalPETS Academy reserves the right to change the fees at any time in its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on our Site.
GlobalPETS Academy will only offer you a complete refund up until one week after the date when Signature Track registration if you have not started the course.
To request a refund, please contact us.
Choice of law/forum selection
Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, for claims related to the GlobalPETS Academy Sites where the total amount sought is less than ten thousand Euros (€10,000.00), either GlobalPETS Academy or You may elect at any point during the dispute to resolve the claim through binding, non-appearance-based arbitration. The dispute will then be resolved using an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider, mutually agreed upon by You and GlobalPETS Academy. The parties and the selected ADR provider shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, online, or via written submissions alone. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Disclaimer of warranty / limitation of liabilities
THE SITES AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. GlobalPETS Academy AND ITS PARTICIPATING INSTITUTIONS, THEIR INSTRUCTORS AND THEIR STAFF (THE “GlobalPETS Academy PARTIES”) DO NOT WARRANT, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY ONLINE COURSE, SITE, INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM A SITE, OR LINK TO A SITE. THE GlobalPETS Academy PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT SITES WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER OR THAT SITES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE GlobalPETS Academy PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT
- THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS OR ACHIEVE THE INTENDED PURPOSES,
- THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES WILL NOT EXPERIENCE OUTAGES OR OTHERWISE BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE,
- THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH OR FROM THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, COMPLETELY SECURE OR RELIABLE, OR
- THAT DEFECTS IN OR ON THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES WILL BE CORRECTED. NONE OF THE GlobalPETS Academy PARTIES MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING YOUR ABILITY TO TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITES, AND YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THE ONLINE COURSES AND SITES MAY BE IMPAIRED. THE GlobalPETS Academy PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO SUCH EVENTS OR THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES OR ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES RELATED TO THEM.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES AND SITES OR SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE GlobalPETS Academy SITES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the GlobalPETS Academy Sites infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow GlobalPETS Academy to locate the material on the Site;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
PO Box 1719
3800 BS AMERSFOORT
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless GlobalPETS Academy and the Participating Institutions, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, employees, and assignees, including the instructors of the Participating Partners, from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party relating to or arising out of
- your violation of any law or rights of any third party, or
- information that you post or otherwise make available on the Sites or through the Online Course, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
All students participating in the class must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will register for only one account.
- My answers to homework, quizzes and exams will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes or exams available to anyone else. This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any official solutions provided by the course staff.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve/hurt the results of others.
Effective as of 16 December 2014.